Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 7- Philippians 4:19

"My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 (NIV)

"My God"- He is personal. I belong to him and He to me. We are in relationship. Not that I am in charge, but that He has said He will be my God and I will be His people. In all, He is still God.

"God"- The creator and sustainer of all things. The power behind the power. The source. The one who cannot be defined by words, feelings, thoughts, or anything other than himself. The totally other.

"will"- It is a done deal. He has given his word that it is going to happen. There is nothing to fear, worry about, or concern myself with.

"meet"- Provide. Join with. Fulfill.

"all your needs"- Not my wants, desires, or wishes (though He may grant some of those), but my needs. If I need it, I can have total assurance that it is taken care of. There is no need to worry or fret about it. Nothing will be overlooked or forgotten. All of them.

"according to his"- The needs will be met by what is already His! He is not fretting about how He will meet my needs, why should I? He already has them in hand. He already knows what I need and has the means to provide.

"glorious"- It is a reflection of Him. His store is above all we can imagine. We can't fathom how God does what He does, but He does it and it reflects who He is. What He will do to meet our needs will bring glory to Him because His means reflect His glory.

"riches"- He is not lacking. He has more than enough. We can be confident and pray with confidence. No praying, "If you don't mind" or "If you can spare it for me." He said we are his people and He is our God. We have real relationship and can approach the throne of grace with confidence.

"in Christ Jesus."- The kicker. All the above is contingent on relationship with Christ. The riches are in relationship with Him. The confidence is in relationship with Him. The glory is in Him. It is all in and through Christ Jesus. The one who makes it all possible.

What it boils down to for me (once I am in Christ) is trust. No matter what the obstacle or impossibility, I can trust. I must trust. In relationship with Christ it is imperative. It is at the core of relationship. He promised He will provide. It is done. As long as I am connected to Christ, His riches are overwhelming. They may not look like what I consider to be riches, but they will be what I need and they will bring Him glory.

Lord, Help me to trust!

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment