Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 6- Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)

First off, I apologize to any following that this is late. Rough couple days at home with sleep. Quite appropriate considering the verse I finally am getting to today. All things right now includes getting through the day and managing the day to day of a new child and preparing to go back to work. What the verse tells me is that I can do it. It is positive and confident action. The verse removes the opportunity for doubt or negativity (which I struggle with). When it is Christ who is providing the strength, nothing is impossible. Whether it be the overwhelming day to day or some extra difficult one time event, quoting those who I admire that say it, "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." That is becoming my mantra right now.

The important thing for me to remember in this verse is that it is not by my strength. That means I need to be leaning harder than ever on Jesus. I struggle with that. I so frequently try to do it myself. Just suck it up and get through it (usually with much more complaining than is necessary). I need to submit to His leading, His wisdom, His strength. When He leads and provides, I know I can do it. I need to start to see each and every part of every day as His leading and rely on His strength and wisdom to overcome and excel in each of those situations.

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment