Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 1- Philippians 1:6

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6 (NIV)

I think what has stood out to me the most is the nature of who does the work. So often in my faith I feel like I have so much I need to work on and so much I need to do to grow. In this verse, it is so evident that God does the work. Not only does He do the work, but I can be confident it will be a good work. It is already started and He will complete it in me. I just have to be open to it. As we looked at in our memory verse, it is about allowing God to work in us. He won't force it, but if we allow it, He will do it. I see that in this verse in the word "being." Being confident is passive confidence. It is not doing, but a state of being.

The other thing that stands out most to me, is how long God expects to be working on this. So many times I believe that there is this point I am growing to and then I will be mature. I don't say that, but it is how I act. I always say, "I will always have things to learn or areas in which I need to grow," but inside I feel like there is a point I will grow to where I have "arrived." It is healthy for me to see (so that I don't get discouraged) that God expects to complete His good work in me on the day of Christ Jesus. To me, that is when He comes back. He will ALWAYS be working His good work in me as long as I allow Him until He comes back. That is a good thought.

What's your thought?

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment